Accessibility statement for Mynewsdesk newsrooms
Version: 5 October 2020
This page describes how the Mynewsdesk newsrooms meet the requirements of the EU Web Accessibility Directive, any known areas that are not compliant, and how you can report deficiencies to us.
We want everyone who visits our newsrooms to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding. The statement is applicable to Mynewsdesk newsrooms with the new design. Other parts of the Mynewsdesk service are not covered in this statement.
How we tested
To help us make the newsrooms a positive place for everyone, we've been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user-friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA, and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the Mynewsdesk Newsrooms.
Technical information about the accessibility
We're working hard to achieve our goal of Level AA accessibility, but we are aware that some areas still need improving. The areas that are not fully compliant are described below.
Areas not fully compliant
- The language of the newsroom is predefined by the newsroom owner and it’s currently not possible to select another language.
- Audio description and subtitles are automatically provided for video content, but subtitles can be added to the video.
- Submit buttons to initiate a change of context are not provided for all pages.
- Error and success messages are not fully implemented for all input fields. Our ambition is to fix these things.
Areas not applicable
The content in the Mynewsdesk newsrooms is produced by the newsroom owner, and some criteria related to content are not possible to ensure. This includes:
- Alternatives for time-based media, captions for prerecorded audio content, and audio descriptions or media alternatives for video content.
Report any deficiencies
If you discover any issues with accessibility that are not described on this page, or if you believe that we do not meet the requirements, let us know by contacting us.
Contact us here [email protected]